These are so good! The patties can be topped with cheese, lettuce, tomato, or coleslaw. If you serve them without a bun pour a cheese sauce over the top. This recipe is a quick to fix lunch or dinner.
- 2 cans (6 ½ oz. each) chunk light tuna, drained and flaked
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup bread crumbs, add more if needed
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
Drain the tuna and flake into a medium bowl. Chop the celery and mince the onion, add to the tuna. Add the mayonnaise, chili sauce, and lemon juice. Mix well. Mix in the bread crumbs. Form into four patties. Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the patties and fry about 2 ½ minutes on each side.
The recipe can be doubled.
Chopped hard boiled eggs can be added.
Other vegetables, finally chopped, can be added instead of the celery and onion.
Instead of chili sauce you can add 2 tablespoons of your favorite bottled dressing.